UPDATES TO YMCA POLICIES
November 20, 2020
As you know, it has been a challenging eight months for our community, our neighbors, and our friends. In recent weeks, and with the significant rise in COVID cases in our community and our county, it is clear that we must all do more to help stop the spread. As an organization that has played an integral role in the health and well-being of our community for more than 137 years, we feel we must do more. Our community, our neighbors, and friends are important to us, and they are counting on us to do what’s right for our community.
Exceptions while swimming, showering or getting a drink and children under 5.
- Group Fitness Classes
- Water Exercise
- Cycling Classes (PIQ)
- Family Pool (Houser)
RESERVATION NO LONGER NEEDED:
- Swimming Pool
- Y Child Watch
- Wellness Center
YMCA Facility Usage Policies:
- No more reservations required for the Wellness Center. Come at any time. We will maintain a capacity of 30 members in the Dahl Wellness Center and 40 members in the Houser Wellness Center. Check in at the front desk gate when you arrive.
- The overall one-hour time limit for visiting the Y will be removed. However, we still recommend that you limit your time at the Y but you are welcome to participate in multiple activities.
- The time limit in Y Child Watch has been moved back to 2 hours. Please drop your child off when we are open and enjoy some “you” time at the Y.
- In order to better manage the capacity of our gyms while allowing families and individuals use of the space, we will be returning to a reservation system on Monday, Nov. 23rd. Bring your own ball. Pick up games are not allowed at this time. A gym supervisor will be onsite during open gym times. Make a Reservation
- Children ages 7-13 will be allowed to use the gymnasium during designated times while a parent or guardian is in the facility (parent can be working out in the Wellness Center but must remain in the facility). No reservation needed but a capacity total of 20 youth and adults will be maintained. Designated times can be found on our website by clicking the ‘reservation’ button (even though no reservation is needed). Teens ages 14 and older can continue to use the Y without a parent or guardian in the facility.
- Singles (one-on-one) racquetball matches will be allowed. Please continue to reserve your court online. Reservations will be in 1-hour time increments for Court A and for Court B (to be labeled soon). Only 1 member needs to reserve a court. Both members should check in at the front desk gate.
- Virtual Fitness at the Y will not require a reservation. Virtual Fitness at the Y will be on-demand with over 1,000 classes to choose from at your convenience.
- Masks are still required for all members 5 years of age and older.